E-DESIGN MEASURING GUIDE
Please follow these simple steps when measuring your room(s)
- Draw the approximate shape of theroom. Don’t worry –it doesn’t need to be perfect! Please notate the estimated location of any architectural features such as windows, doors, fireplaces or bays.
- Mark each wall North, South, East and West.
- Measure the overall width and length of the room first. Then measure each wall separately making sure to include measurements for each wall area, door, window or other architectural feature.
- When measuring doors and windows please provide dimensions for the openings themselves, as well as overall measurements including any casings or decorative molding.
- If you have a fireplace please include dimensions of the floor surround.
(needed for any walls with architectural features)
- Sketch the overall shape of the wall and include the approximate location of any windows, doors, existing lighting (ex. sconces,) fireplaces, radiators, light switches or other features. Then measure the location of each item on the wall (make sure measurements are anchored to the floor and the adjacent wall).
- Measure the overall ceiling height. If you have crown or decorative molding please take a second measurement which notates the height from the floor to the bottom of the molding.